Monthly Archives: March 2011
Check out this new video by OC Safe As – Perth Health and Safety advisors.
Keep an eye out for our customer Kim Baker Ballet Academy in the Kalamunda Reporter and Hills gazette as they regularly appear in both papers. See below where they made the front page of the Kalamunda Reporter.
Web Site is now live!! Fat Mammas the gourmet woodfired pizza restaurant located in High Wycombe now has a brand new website!
We have heard quite a few jaw dropping stories from our clients about their previous dealings with web designers. For example, being asked to pay a rather hefty deposit and then receiving a website that is nowhere near the original concept discussed. They are then instructed to pay the rest of the invoice, even if they don’t like the design. To add salt into the wound any changes will incur additional cost and they are left with the decision of throwing more money away or ditching the site and losing their deposit. Another of our clients had been trying to get a website for over 2 years. Either web design companies refused to come out and meet them or flat out said they weren’t interested.
So how can you find the right website designer for you?
- A good website designer is not happy until their client is happy. Our motto is “treat the customer how you would like to be treated”.
- Take a look at your chosen designers testimonials and contact some of their previous clients to see how they rate their experience.
- Use a local based company who can come and meet you and get a feel for the type of business you are running.
- Ensure you are not paying out big money for a pre designed template or a 1 page mini-site under a directory. There is nothing wrong with templates but we believe charging like a wounded bull for this kind of website design is not good value for money!
- Ask how they can help you make the most of search rankings. There is no use having a website, putting it out there and no-one being able to find you. Your competition is out there too and they may be paying specialist SEO companies to ensure their website has a higher ranking than yours.
- You should always confirm the pricing of minor content changes/updates if you are reliant on the website design company to do this for you. A good website design company will offer up to 3 minor changes a year included in your initial package.
- If your website designer also offers web hosting, be sure to check that the servers that they reside on are physically located in Australia. Predominantly there 2 reasons for this, firstly Google applies a score based on proximity to client (e.g. if you are in Sydney and are performing a Google search, websites physically located in Australia are generally given a higher preference). Secondly, speeds are usually quicker within Australia because there are less actual “hops” between you and the website. Additionally, as there are fewer hops, less infrastructure is required to get from client to site. It is actually greener to keep your web hosting within Australia, as less infrastructure means less power consumption. So you are saving the planet and keeping jobs local!
At Kalamunda Web Design we believe in good customer service and listening to our clients.
We are available and willingly to come and discuss your website needs.
If you are not happy with your design, we keep going until you are!
Most importantly we believe in fostering good relationships and forming long term partnerships.
Kevin came to Kalamunda Web Design in September 2010 looking for a website to promote his new Health & Safety Advisory business.